Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Memo to Conan O'Brien: Stop your whining already!

Enough, Conan, really. This is all my opinion of what transpired and you can't change my mind or take action against me for stating my opinion.

I am so tired of listening to variations of "I would never do to anyone else what Jay did to me." Seriously? Really? You don't see the hypocrisy in saying that? You did what you claim Jay did to you (in reality, what NBC did to you), not once, but twice.

Let's see, the first time was back in 2004-2005, when, in my eyes, you stamped your little feet and threw a temper tantrum telling NBC that you would leave the network if you didn't get The Tonight Show, effectively forcing Jay out of The Tonight Show when he didn't want to go.

Then you took over The Tonight Show, lost half the viewers that Jay had, turned over the king of late night ratings title to David Letterman, king of inappropriate work-place conduct (again, in my opinion), and then were upset when NBC fired you and offered the job back to Jay, who promptly brought back all the viewers and was number one in the ratings again.

After that, not only did you force George Lopez out of his early time slot on TBS, you required that George call you and tell you he was okay with it (effectively making George beg, on behalf of TBS, for you to join the cable network). In my eyes, Jay did nothing wrong - NBC forced him out first (at your behest), and then earlier this year, NBC forced you out (due to losing half the audience and probably money), and then you forced George out of his earlier time slot.

I see only two bad guys here: You and NBC. And, as far as I am concerned, you aren't even funny (the best part of your show was Triumph, not you!).

So please, stop whining about Jay. Try to do a better job on your next show so that George (who is funnier than you are as far as I am concerned) didn't have to grovel in vain.

No comments: